New Hours (Temporary Hours, subject to change):
Mon – Thurs: 3pm – 9pm
Fri – Sun: 1pm – 9pm
We have taken extra precautions to make the environment safe and comfortable – deep cleaning and sanitizing the overall taproom, seating, glassware, draft lines, etc… We will have new rules in place in order to stay in compliance with the State Mandated Rules for Social Distancing. Please take a moment to review the list of rules below. We know, these rules suck. But we must follow them if we want to re-open and not be forced to close down. Thanks for understanding.
You’ll notice that the taproom looks and feels a bit different, but it’s still the same good vibes at the brewery.
- We have extra hand sanitizer available for you.
- If you forget your mask, we have extra that you can get for $1.
- Tape markings on the ground will designate the social distancing areas and paths of travel.
Let your friends know to meet up prior to arriving at BLACK PLAGUE so we can seat you all together at your table. Part of the rules is that you must arrive with your group together and be seated all at the same time. So plan ahead and invite your friends to come with you.
1. What are the guidelines to be able to come into the taproom?
2. Do I have to wear a mask?
3. What if I don’t have a mask?
4. What safety precautions are your staff taking to stay clean and sanitized?
5. What safety precautions is the food vendor taking?
6. Can I bring in outside food?
7. What is your maximum occupancy?
8. Can I make a reservation?
9. How many people can be in a group?
10. Is your kid policy the same as before?
11. Is the bar top open? Can I sit at the bar?
12. Are you allowing dogs in the brewery?
13. What are your hours?
14. When is last call?
15. Can I fill my growler?
16. Are you still doing happy hour?
17. What about your normal weekly events i.e Open Mic, Trivia, Live Music etc.?
18. Are you still doing your togo booth?
19. Are you still shipping beer?
20. How long are these guidelines and restrictions going to last?
21. Why are your rules stricter than other breweries/restaurants I’ve been to?
22. Do I need to order food in order to have a beer?
- What are the guidelines to be able to come into the taproom?
- Do I have to wear a mask?
- Yes, anywhere in the brewery except for when you are seated at your table you may remove your mask.
- https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/FAQs.html (In “Prevention & Mitigation” section)
- https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf (page 2)
- What if I don’t have a mask?
- Masks are required and you will not be allowed in without one but we do sell $1.00 masks onsite if you forget yours at home.
- What safety precautions are your staff taking to stay clean and sanitized?
- We are doing everything we can to clean and sanitize areas of the taproom after each possible contamination. This includes sanitizing tables and chairs between uses, the staff using face masks and disposable gloves, wiping down and sanitizing our touch screens between transactions, scheduled sanitized cleans of the bathrooms etc.
- What safety precautions is the food vendor taking?
- Full Metal Burger has transitioned to all contactless ordering and contactless pickup. Everything will be packaged to go and the condiments and utensils will be pre-packaged togo as well. They will be practicing the same safety precautions as the BLACK PLAGUE staff in addition to others due to handling food.
- Can I bring in outside food?
- Yes you may, however you WILL still have to purchase a food voucher for a meal regardless. Also, we just overall will encourage you to eat the delicious food from Full Metal Burgers.
- What is your maximum occupancy?
- With the new social distancing guidelines, our maximum occupancy is 75 people.
- Can I make a reservation?
- No, at the moment seating will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- How many people can be in a group?
- 6 people max, must be from the same household (including children).
- All guests of a single party must be present before being sat.
- https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/deh/fhd/food/pdf/covid19sdsafeonsitediningplan_en.pdf (pages 1-2)
- https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf (pages 10-11)
- All guests must stay seated unless ordering or using the restroom. There is no standing and “hanging out”. https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/Epidemiology/HealthOfficerOrderCOVID19.pdf (page 4)
- Is your kid policy the same as before?
- Yes the kid policy still applies Taproom Child Policy
- Please note that everyone must stay seated unless ordering beer or using the restroom, this includes children. Children aged 2 and older must wear a face covering. https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/Epidemiology/HealthOfficerOrderCOVID19.pdf (page 3)
- Is the bar top open? Can I sit at the bar?
- No, at the moment the bar isn’t allowed to be sat due to the lack of social distancing it allows between the staff and customers as well as no one can be sat within 6 feet of beverage and server stations . You may order your beer from the bartop but that is it.
- https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf (page 10)
- https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/deh/fhd/food/pdf/covid19sdsafeonsitediningplan_en.pdf (page 2)
- Are you allowing dogs in the brewery?
- Yes, as long as they are leashed and well behaved.
- What are your hours?
- Mon – Thurs: 3pm – 9pm | Fri – Sun: 1pm – 9pm
- When is last call?
- Last call is 30 minute prior to close, so 8:30pm.
- Can I fill my growler?
- As a safety precaution, we are not filling growlers, however we do sell 32oz crowlers of all draft beers.
- Are you still doing happy hour?
- We have temporarily removed Happy Hour from our weekly events.
- What about your normal weekly events i.e Open Mic, Trivia, Live Music etc.?
- At the moment we are not “allowed” to have live entertainment or events that encourage people to come hangout. So all events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf (page 3)
- Are you still doing your togo booth?
- Yes, we will still have our pop up togo booth available for anyone who wants to purchase togo beer or merchanidse. It will be open the same hours as the taproom 1pm-8pm daily.
- Are you still shipping beer?
- Yes, we can ship anywhere in CA (minus PO boxes). Must be 21 or older and requires a signature upon arrival.
- How long are these guidelines and restrictions going to last?
- It isn’t up to us. It’s all up to the county and state government. Once we are given the green light to ease back on these guidelines we will do so accordingly.
- Why are your rules stricter than other breweries/restaurants I’ve been to?
- Unfortunately, not everyone is following the rules and/or are interpreting them incorrectly. For us at BLACK PLAGUE, we want to ensure that the safety of our customers, staff and vendors always remains our number one priority. We waited back a few weeks to open in order to gain more information and clarification from the county to make sure that we are following the rules as they were intended to be followed. Remember this is only temporary! We’d love to just go back to “normal” too but right now that just isn’t an option so we are adapting in the meantime.
- Do I need to order food in order to have a beer?
- Yes, we automatically add a $4 food voucher to your bar tab. This $4 can be applied towards the purchase of food from our on-site food vendor. Or, you can give it away to a friend. Or save it for another visit later.
See you there! Cheers!