The BLACK PLAGUE Taproom allows table reservations for birthdays, retirement parties, and more.
Thank you for considering to host your event at our brewery location. Our 2,300 sq ft taproom has a variety of spaces that can meet different needs. For example, our lounge area with sofas works well for more relaxed gatherings while our longer communal table brings people together. Please fill out the form below to inquire about reserving our space.
Examples of events that have been hosted in our taproom:
Fundraisers | Retirement Party | Birthday Party | Baby Shower | Corporate Team Building Events | Meetings
- 2,300 sq/ft Taproom Space – Indoor Capacity: 90 seated, 165 max
- (6) 10-seat tables
- (3) long high top bar tables (Facing the stage) – 5 bar stools per table
- (4) round high top tables (standing)
- 40ft bar with copper beer chilling strip down the middle – (15) bar stools
- 21 Beer Draft Taps
- Two 60″ flat-screen TVs with DirectTV Channels
- Giant projector screen available to display images, videos, movies, etc
- Non-alcoholic soda selections
- Games including Corn hole, tons of board games, and more!
- Public parking access
- Knowledgeable and friendly Tap Room Staff that can lead educational beer tastings and provide insights into the brewing process for your guests.
Beer tab options for your event
- Cash Bar: Guests pay for their own drinks throughout the night.
- Open Bar: Organizer opens a tab for the group. Everything that is purchased will be put on the tab. We must have a credit card at the beginning of the night to open the tab and the tab needs to be closed before the end of the night. This requires a minimum gratuity of 30%.
- Ticketed Bar: Organizer hands out a ticket(s) per guest to use for one or more “free” drinks. We open a tab for ticket redemption and charge for everything that is purchased via ticket redemption. Tickets can be good for a specific item IE: Ale pint ($7), or they can be good for any item. We must have a credit card at the beginning of the night to open the tab and the tab needs to be closed before the end of the night. This requires a minimum gratuity of 30%.
We have a changing line-up of BLACK PLAGUE craft beers on tap throughout the year. We can be pouring up to 21 different varieties of beer during your event depending on availability.
What is not included
- If you need linens, decorations or other items you must work with an outside vendor.
- You are not allowed to hang items from the structure. You may have items for decoration on tables, please no open flames, no glitter, no confetti.
- Soda is available for purchase. No outside beverages allowed.
- Our license only covers service of our beer – no wine, cider or other alcohol is allowed on premise.
- Brewery tours are not included, unless requested and approved. Depends on availability and brewhouse schedule.
Black Plague Brewing is an adult establishment that has always welcomed children, and we’d like to continue to do so. Please check out our Kids Policy if you intend to bring children to the Taproom.
Private Rental of Taproom
We currently do not offer private events at our brewery location in Oceanside, CA.
Table Reservation Form
Reservation requests are only made for groups with a minimum of 10 guests.
Reservation requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance (whatever you think is best)
By completing this form, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the terms listed on this page.
Q: How many people can attend?
A: We can handle up to 165 people at any one time. Please consider this when arranging your party plans.
Q: Do you serve anything other than beer? Can I bring my own alcohol?
A: Water is free; soda is available for purchase. No wine, cider or other alcohol is allowed on premise.
Q: What about food? Can I bring in outside food and/or non-alcoholic beverages?
A: BLACK PLAGUE does not serve food, however we work with several food trucks that serve our taproom throughout the week. You can see which trucks will be on-site from our Events Calendar. Please inquire further through the Reservation Request Form above if you are looking for a specific food vendor for the day of your event.
We do not allow outside beverages of any kind within the taproom (includes non-alcoholic beverages like soda, sparkling water, etc).
Q: What other items are available for purchase?
A: 32oz crowlers and 6-packs of 12oz BLACK PLAGUE beer cans are available for purchase, along with BLACK PLAGUE hats, shirts, sweaters, hoodies, pint glasses, and other merchandise.
Q: Can I come in early to setup?
A: Please let us know if you need setup time and we will accommodate.
Q: How about clean up?
A: We ask that guests remove items that they bring into the space (food, decorations, plates/silverware/napkins), etc. Please be sure to clean your table and surrounding area as a courtesy to other guests and our hospitable team.
Q: Are children allowed in the taproom?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Please view our Children’s Policy.
Q: Are dogs allowed in the taproom?
Yes, as long as they are on leash, non-aggressive, and friendly towards other dogs and people. If your dog is not trained, well-behaved, or house broken, please do not bring your dog to the taproom.
Q: Are food trucks available?
Yes, most days throughout the week & weekend. Check the Event Calendar to see which food truck will be at the taproom.
Q: Do you have gluten free beer?
Sort of, only when specialty batches are brewed… the beer is gluten-reduced. Please ask the server when ordering at the bar.
Q: Do you have Non Alcoholic options?
Yes, we have a soda option available in cans (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, La Croix).
Visit Our Taproom
Monday4pm - 9pm
Tuesday4pm - 9pm
Wednesday4pm - 9pm
Thursday4pm - 9pm
Friday1pm - 9pm
Saturday12pm - 8:30-ish pm
Sunday12pm - 8:30-ish pm